rating: General Audiences
status: oneshot, potentially part of a series
author: beingevil @ AO3
author’s summary: Thor has never wanted anything to do with the Mage-Templar war, until the Templars come to take Loki away. But this is Loki, and Loki always has a plan.
When I saw this story on AO3, I knew it had to be my first rec. Crossing over my two current favorite fandoms? Sold!
Deeply AU for both fandoms, but in a way that fits both the characters and the DA lore; because clearly, if Loki is playing Bethany to Thor’s Hawke - even playing Loki as sympathetic - things are going to be a little bit different. The way the author has placed these characters in Kirkwall feels authentic, and makes me want to know more about how they’d fit into the DA storyline. Definitely worth a read if you’re a fan of both!
This is a Tumblr dedicated to minorearth’s fanfic recs! Things to note, in bullet points, because I like them.
- As of right now (current edit: June 2012), the main fandoms you’ll see recced are Dragon Age, Avengers, and Mass Effect. But I’m multifandom and attracted to shiny objects, so any fandom could pop in here at any time!
- I read, and therefore rec all sorts of fic - gen, het, slash, femmeslash; FPF and RPF, drama and crack, original characters … nothing’s out of bounds here!
- If, for some reason, you’re an author who wants me to remove the link to your fic, just send me an ask and I’ll do so!
- I’d like to tag my recs with an author’s Tumblr name, if possible, so they might be able to find it. If you know someone’s name that I haven’t tagged, let me know!
- Oh, and by the way, the Tumblr name has nothing to do with hubris. It’s a fairly dumb reference to the song I named my main account after. :)